Department of Computer Engineering
The Department of Computer Engineering at Fr. C. Rodrigues Institute of Technology, Vashi, was established in 1994. The department continuously strives to comply the goal of providing innovative and quality education with the emerging technologies to achieve academic excellence and provides platform for the students to achieve their career goals. The department has proud privilege of having qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty. It has modern computing amenities equipped with latest tools and technologies. The faculty members are working with a tremendous team-spirit to create best technocrats for industry and to accept the challenge in the global world. The department has strong collaboration with research organizations and leading industries. Our graduates have distinguished themselves in higher studies at the top Universities in India and abroad. They also occupy positions of eminence in the computer industry. To provide value-added inputs and exposure to industry, our Alumni remain in constant touch with the department by providing their contribution in conducting various workshops with hand-on experience and expert lectures. The National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi, has accredited the department twice in the year 2006 and year 2012.
Vision and Mission
To contribute significantly towards high quality technical education with ever changing world and empower the students to be the self-sustainable professionals in computer technology and responsible citizens possessing Indian values and ethics.
- To provide quality and application oriented education in the field of Computer Engineering to meet the industry requirements
- To prepare technically competent, ethical, socially committed professionals with good leadership qualities.
- To facilitate an opportunity to interact with prominent institutes, alumni and industries to understand the impact of computer technology in global and local context.
PEOs & PSOs
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
- To prepare Learner’s with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering Fundamentals
- To prepare Learner’s to use effectively modern tools to solve real life problems
- To equip Learner’s with broad education necessary to understand the impact of computer technology in a global and social context
- To encourage, motivate and prepare Learner’s for Lifelong learning
- To inculcate professional and ethical attitude, good leadership qualities and commitment to Social responsibilities.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO):
- Problem Solving Skills: To understand, analyze and develop solutions in the areas related to algorithms, System Software, web design, data mining and big data analytics, networking and security for efficient design of computer-based systems of varying complexity.
- Professional Skills: To apply standard practices and strategies in a computing environment using modern computer languages and tools to deliver a quality product.