Department of Information Technology
Engineering in Information technology deals with the study of designing, development, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems, particularly software applications and computer hardware. It involves the use of electronic computers and computer software to convert, store, protect, process, transmit, and securely retrieve information.The four year Information Technology Degree Course was started in the year 2001. The present intake of students is 60. The course includes Programming Techniques and Basic Sciences at first year level. In second and third year the course includes basic and core Information Technology subjects. The advanced topics such as Computer Simulation and Modelling, Mobile Computing, Image Processing, Management Information Systems, Data Warehousing and Mining System, Multimedia Systems, Project Management are included as compulsory subjects in the final year. Students of this program have been successfully placed at Global companies such as Infosys, TCS, Satyam, HCL, Virtusa, Wipro, and CTS.
Vision and Mission
To become a leading center of excellence for quality education, advance research and development in the field of Information Technology to yield self-sustaining professionals.
- To provide industry oriented quality education and training to students related to cutting edge technologies in the field of information technology.
- To promote multidisciplinary activities in students to serve society through innovative applications.
- To promote entrepreneurship skills in students with overall personality development.
PEOs & PSOs
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
- Graduate will be able to develop research attitude and have fundamental knowledge to excel in the higher education and life-long learning skills in the context of technological change.
- Graduate will be able to successfully sustain them in industry, grow and excel in their professional career.
- Graduate will be able to communicate and demonstrate collaborative, entrepreneurial, leadership and ethical skills to develop societal needs.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO):
- Learners will able to formulate, design, analyze, synthesize and develop hardware/software solutions for hard problems through Business processes.
- Learners will be able to develop programming and logic skills and have sound foundation in core areas such as algorithms, networking, databases, computer architecture, operating systems, web programming, and automata theory.
- Learners will learn the use of modern tools in advanced domains such as intelligent systems; cloud computing, data mining, wireless technology and system security etc. for innovative product development.
- Learners will inculcate professional and ethical attitude to work effectively in a team with excellent communication skills, leadership qualities and commitment to social and environmental responsibilities.