Department of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering is the most sought-out branch of Engineering. In the constantly evolving technological scenario Mechanical Engineering has been the very backbone of the industrial infrastructure. It is an area of study in which knowledge of mathematics and science are combined together with experience and judgement for fulfilling the practical human necessities. The formal education of a Mechanical Engineer includes subjects such as Material Sciences, Strength of Materials, Theory of Machines, Mechanical Vibration, Design of Machine Elements, Fluid Mechanics, and Heat & Mass Transfer. The Department initially was headed by Dr. Thirumalleshwar till the year 2003, followed by Dr. S.V. Kota Reddy, till November 2008. Then the Department was headed by Prof. S. M. Khot, from 2008 till 2017. The department is currently being headed by Dr. Nilaj Deshmukh and has faculty poised to deliver quality engineering education.
Vision and Mission
To provide a vibrant academic and research environment for creating competent and responsible citizens.
- To provide state-of-the-art infrastructure for quality technical education.
- To prepare students to face social and industrial challenges.
- To imbibe team spirit and entrepreneurial skills.
PEOs & PSOs
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
- Graduates will be conversant with engineering knowledge and modern tools.
- Graduates will have interdisciplinary exposure to develop sustainable solutions.
- Graduates will have adequate competence for ready employability.
- Graduates will have strong foundation and creativity to pursure higher studies.
- Graduates will become responsible citizens.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO):
- Graduates will be able to apply knowledge in the field of Mechanical Engineering and develop solutions to societal needs.
- Graduates will be able to pursue higher studies and take up corporate challenges professionally.