Department of Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
Welcome to the Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Department (EXTC) of Fr. C. Rodrigues Institute of Technology, Vashi, Navi Mumbai. Electronics & telecommunication engineering is one of the largest & fastest growing field of engineering. Having qualified & trained professionals in this field is the need of the hour. Currently, the department offers: 1. The Bachelor of Engineering (BE) degree (undergraduate), 2. The Master of Engineering degree (post graduate) (M.E.), and 3. The Ph.D. degree in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. This department was established during the inception of the institute in 1994. Recognition at National Level: The Bachelor of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Program was first accredited in 2006 and then re-accredited by the National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi, for the period of two years in 2012. The department will be applying for the next NBA accreditation in July-2018. R&D Achievement of the EXTC department: The EXTC department is recipient of the research grant worth GBP 50000.0 (≈ INR 50.0 lacs) from prestigious “Royal Academy of Engineering, UK” for a collaborative research proposal among FCRIT & RIL from India and University of Leeds & PSR Ltd. from UK. The title of the research project is “Formulation of Hot -Face Refractory of an Entrained Flow Gasifier”. The grant was sanctioned in April 2016 and the project is expected to be completed in August 2018. Apart from this the department regularly receives minor research grants worth around Rs. 1.0 lac every year from the University of Mumbai. For further details regarding UG course contents, department strength, achievements, etc. you are requested to download brochure available in the “Download” section of the website.
Vision and Mission
To create professionally competent, research oriented, disciplined, socially and environmentally sensitive electronics and telecommunication engineers.
1. To achieve academic excellence by imparting quality education and training in science, electronics, and telecommunication engineering fields.
2. To create an environment for overall personal development of the students including creative and innovative thinking, team work, professional ethics, and improved communication skills.
3. To create awareness among the students about their social and environmental responsibilities to make the world a better place.
PEOs & PSOs
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
- Graduates of the program will have successful professional careers at the national and international levels.
- Graduates of the program will be competent and capable of pursuing lifelong learning in technical and allied fields.
- Graduates of the program will behave as responsible citizens of the society.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO):
- Demonstrate acquired knowledge and skills beyond the curriculum based on departmental level co-curricular and extra-curricular activities under the banner of professional students’ forums.
- Demonstrate skills in writing and presenting technical papers at national and international level conferences / journals.