Our Institute is one of the leading Engineering Institutions in Navi Mumbai and well known for its visionary management, matured and stable leadership, dedicated and well qualified faculty practicing high academic standards. We, believe that, to be a successful academic leader, we must to be process minded, fair and ethical, and need to retain a focus on building strong relationships.
We at Fr.CRIT aim at developing as well as the nurturing the academic aptitude within a student.
The Teaching learning Process evolves through regular monitoring and enhancement at various levels of the academic structures as follows:
- Course Coordinators : The course coordinators prepare a detailed course plan based on the course contents, course outcomes as well as the contents beyond the syllabus, considering the schedules mentioned in Institute as well as Department Academic Calendars. Each course Coordinator ensures complete involvement of the students by introducing innovative methods of teaching such as Flipped Class room, Projects, Presentation etc. Assessment of the Understanding of the students is done on regular basis through various Evaluation tools. An online record of the attendance as well as performance of the students is maintained through our Academic Performance Monitoring System (APMS). The APMS is an in-house facility developed for Monitoring the Academic Performance of the students.
- Class Coordinator: Each class has a Class Coordinator who maintains the cumulative record of the students’ attendance, punctuality as well as academic performance. The students need to communicate the reason of absence to the Class Coordinator. They may also approach the class teacher in case of any problem in the academic delivery of the course contents.
- Exam Coordinator : Each department has an Exam Coordinator who maintains the results of the students and also coordinates with the Central exam cell for the schedules of the exam related activities. Students can approach the Exam Coordinator for any exam related queries.
- Head of the Department: All the coordinators regularly report the status of their respective students to the Head of the Department. The effectiveness of the Teaching Learning Process is regularly monitored by the Head of the Department through regular meeting with the Class representatives, Online Student Feedbacks etc. The Head of the Departments serve as the most important link between Students, Course Coordinators and the Management.
- Attendance monitoring Committee: An Institute Level Attendance Monitoring Committee regularly meets the students and parents of the attendance defaulter to make sure that the students attend the classes regularly and also keep the parents informed about their ward.
- Planning and Approval of various activities and decisions is done during the HODs’ meeting with the Principal.
Mentoring :In addition to the Class Coordinator, Each student is assigned to a Mentor. The Mentor maintains the record of the Mentee focusing on the academic progress as well as wellbeing of the student. Students can approach their Mentor for any kind of the Academic as well as Personal Difficulties.
Grievance Redressal :We also have a Students’ Grievance Cell where the students can present their grievances regarding the Academic as well as Personal Concerns..
Academic Audit and Appraisal :Every Semester an academic audit is conducted in a pre-approved format by an audit committee which was approved by the Governing Council. In addition to the academic audit, various advisory boards also guide us in enhancing the quality of education. These Advisory boards are :
- Department Working Committee(DWC)
- Departmental Quality Assurance Cell (DQAC)
- Departmental Advisory Board (DAB)
- Institute Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
- Industry Advisory Board (IAB)