Department of Electrical Engineering
Electricity has been a subject of scientific interest since at least the 17th century and hence is considered as one of the oldest branch of engineering. The students are taught to design, analyze, implement and operate electrical and electronics systems efficiently, thus opening the doors to new challenges. In this aspect the students are given in-depth knowledge in Machines, Power Systems, Control System, Signal Processing Drives, Power Electronics Microprocessors and Switched Mode Power Supplies. To impart this we have well qualified experienced and dedicated staff in the department.
Vision and Mission
To provide world class education through effective teaching learning process, research based activities and industrial collaboration to produce professionally, ethically and socially responsible Electrical engineers.
- To provide students with basic foundation in the traditional and modern areas of Electrical engineering
- To provide quality education with projects, research and industry collaborations.
- To develop Electrical engineers with ethical values who can effectively solve techno-social problems.
PEOs & PSOs
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
- Acquire knowledge and skill in Electrical engineering.
- Implement technical knowledge in Electrical engineering to solve real life problems and to become competent in industry along with life-long learning.
- Provide Electrical engineering solutions with due importance for ethical, environmental sustainability, safety and legal aspects.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO):
To comprehend and analyze the problems in power generation, transmission and distribution systems along with the application of components for specific needs like measurement, protection and control.
- To help in understanding concepts, performance, testing and control of electrical systems through laboratory experiments and modern software simulation.