Department of Information Technology
Engineering in Information technology deals with the study of designing, development, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems, particularly software applications and computer hardware. It involves the use of electronic computers and computer software to convert, store, protect, process, transmit, and securely retrieve information.The four year Information Technology Degree Course was started in the year 2001. The present intake of students is 60. The course includes Programming Techniques and Basic Sciences at first year level. In second and third year the course includes basic and core Information Technology subjects. The advanced topics such as Computer Simulation and Modelling, Mobile Computing, Image Processing, Management Information Systems, Data Warehousing and Mining System, Multimedia Systems, Project Management are included as compulsory subjects in the final year. Students of this program have been successfully placed at Global companies such as Infosys, TCS, Satyam, HCL, Virtusa, Wipro, and CTS.
Vision and Mission
To become a leading center of excellence for quality education, advance research and development in the field of Information Technology to yield self-sustaining professionals.
- To provide industry oriented quality education and training to students related to cutting edge technologies in the field of information technology.
- To promote multidisciplinary activities in students to serve society through innovative applications.
- To promote entrepreneurship skills in students with overall personality development.
PEOs & PSOs
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
- Be able to adapt technological changes in the field of information technology.
- Be able to excel in higher education and professional career.
- Be able to demonstrate multidisciplinary and entrepreneurship skills.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO):
- Apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Information Technology to define, analyse, build, test and integrate subsystems to provide solutions for real life problems.
- Inculcate self-learning and research attitude to offer IT services for sustaining as excellent professional or entrepreneur.