Department of Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
"The ideal engineer is a composite. He is not a scientist, he is not a mathematician, he is not a sociologist or a writer, but he may use the knowledge and techniques of any or all of these disciplines in solving engineering problems" N. W. Dougherty.
Introduction: Welcome to the Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Department (EXTC) of Fr. C. Rodrigues Institute of Technology, Vashi, Navi Mumbai. All the details about EXTC Department are available as videos HERE
Electronics and telecommunication engineering is one of the largest and fastest-growing fields of engineering. Having qualified and trained professionals in this field are the need of the hour. Currently, the department offers 1. The Bachelor of Engineering (BE) degree (undergraduate) and 2. The Ph.D. degree in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. This department was established during the inception of the institute in 1994. Further details regarding UG course contents, department strength, achievements, etc. are available in "Brochure" which can be downloaded from the link available at the end of this document.
Vision and Mission
To create professionally competent, research oriented, disciplined, socially and environmentally sensitive Electronics and Telecommunication engineers.
1. To achieve academic excellence by imparting quality education and training in science, electronics, and telecommunication engineering fields.
2. To create an environment for overall personal development of the students including creative and innovative thinking, team work, professional ethics, and improved communication skills.
3. To create awareness among the students about their social, environmental and ethical responsibilities to make the world a better place.
Download Brochure Roadmap
PEOs, PSOs and Course Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
Graduates of the program…
1. Will demonstrate the core competency in electronics,
telecommunication, and allied fields.
2. Will have successful professional careers at the national and
3. Will be competent and capable of pursuing lifelong learning in
technical and allied fields.
4. Will be responsible citizen of the society and will adhere to
professional ethical practices.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO):
Graduates will be able to…
- Apply knowledge in engineering mathematics, science, signal processing, communication theory, and microwave engineering for analysis of telecommunication networks for services such as voice, data, image & video transport.
- Analyse, design, and synthesize electronic components based circuits, embedded systems, VLSI circuits, and related hardware/software.
- Learn emerging multidisciplinary technologies including, but not restricted to, Artificial Intelligence & Deep Learning, Internet of Things, Robotics, and E-Vehicles.